Bird & Sunrise photo

Bird & Sunrise photo
Because "someday" is today!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Landscapes, Oh My...

I finished my Canyon Sunrise painting and sent it to the art director at the resort in hopes it would fit the southwest theme that her General Manager would prefer. She wrote me back and said that the GM liked my flowers and not Jeff's churches!

Joy for me, but disappointing news for Jeff. She wondered if he could send in some landscapes. At first Jeff thought he could, but after a week of thinking it over, he found that he just wasn't that excited about painting them. I understood exactly how he felt. Painting is actually quite demanding work, and it is hard to do when you are not inspired by the subject matter. He has completed two more paintings of churches with a different color palette, which he hopes they might like better. If they do, great. But if not, he is not going to worry about it.

I really appreciated the comments on the last two blogs. It helped me realized that I am in charge and that I don't have to immediately try to please everyone. It's also important that I feel happy with the arrangements when I show my art work. Thanks so much!

Jeff's Corner: "It's alright now, I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself..." Garden Party by Ricky Nelson, 1972

No comments: