Bird & Sunrise photo

Bird & Sunrise photo
Because "someday" is today!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

'Fraidy Gets Back on the Airplane...

'Fraidy Gets Back on  the Airplane" 5:7 digital art, ©2015 Tina M Welter, Cartoon drawing, grey and white cat, paws against the airplane window.
'Fraidy Gets Back on the Airplane" 5:7 digital art, ©2015
Hello dear readers,

'Fraidy cat is embarking on another anxiety provoking adventure. This time the issue is not about being afraid to fly, it's about making another big life decision and hoping the plan, not the plane, will fly. (Ba-da-damp!)

In the spirit of the words of Inigo Montoya from the movie The Princess Bride, "there is too much to 'splain, let me sum up!"

- We have changed countries again. We flew from New Zealand to Germany on July 12th. (Oh, the jet-lag!)
- We are starting a CELTA course in Frankfurt on July 20, 2015.
( CELTA= Certificate English Language Training to Adults) This course is part of the University of Cambridge, England.
-The course involves 200 hrs of homework, instruction and practice teaching crammed into 4 weeks.
-At the end of those 4 weeks, we will be looking for jobs in the new career of English Language teaching.

What does this mean for my dream of being an artist with a successful business?

 
This is where my inner 'Fraidy cat is anxious. I don't do things half-way, and having to focus on another art form like teaching will take away from my visual art creativity time as well as running a business.  What I hope is that the teaching will provide the financial stability so that when I do make time to paint, I can just focus on that and not the pressure of making money with my art.

I plan to keep posting at least one blog entry and sending out one newsletter each month to keep me connected to my kind readers and my dream.  I have found this commitment to be amazingly helpful and grounding for me, even if it is a challenge sometimes.

It was lovely to spend a little over a year in New Zealand where I was truly focused on getting my art business up and going.  I feel I was successful in many ways, even if there was not as much success in the financial area as I hoped.  Believe me, it has been hard for me to change the shape of my dream, but after all, that is what this blog is all about. 
It is truly an Artist Life Experiment.

Thank you everyone for your support and we will see where the next few months take us!  

My special thanks to newsletter subscriber Evelyn W. who bought my sketch series "Cairns of Personality" that was inspired by New Zealand beaches.  I hope she will enjoy them as much as I did in creating them!  


Yes, I do miss the ocean.

>^-^<

Tina 


P.S. To help my Inner 'Fraidy Cat keep from having her fur standing on end all day from the anxiety, I am trying out a free 10 minute a day guided meditation on itunes by Adrian Cooke.  It does seem to be helping to keep her calmer.  
Here is the itunes link:  http://adriancookemeditation.libsyn.com/rss
Adrian's website:  

www.meditatewithac.com  I like his nice, soothing British accent and the variety of focused meditation topics he offers.  I'm not getting anything for mentioning this, I just like passing on resources I find helpful.

No comments: