Bird & Sunrise photo

Bird & Sunrise photo
Because "someday" is today!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Keeper

7" x 5" oil on "Gessobord" copyright  2012 Tina M. Welter
"The Keeper" 7"x 5" oil on "Gessobord" c. 2012

Soccer is a really big deal here in Europe.  Where ever there is a little open space,  you will see many people playing soccer informally here.   Being next to the Donau Park, we can see several games going on simultaneously.   One of my favorite teams was a group of Orthodox Jewish boys playing the game complete with black hats and prayer shawls flying. 

On one of our photographic expeditions,  I found the best goalkeeper of all.  I can only imagine the lively game that ended with this result.  Yes, there was a little open plaza in front of this church in a block thick with buildings.

I used the same palette of colors that I used in the painting "Wait for it", but I leaned more to the warm tones and added some Burnt Umber to the mix.  I am always amazed at how much you can do with basically red, (Alizarin crimson) yellow (Ocher), blue (Manganese) and some black and white.

No Soccer players yet...

No comments: