Bird & Sunrise photo

Bird & Sunrise photo
Because "someday" is today!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Seven Swans a Swimming...

5"x 7" oil on "Gessobord" copyright 2012 Tina M. Welter
"Encounter" 5"x 7" oil on "Gessobord" c. 2012 TMW
This view only shows the central portion built in 1675.

The swans love to swim here.I have reached my goal of six swan paintings, plus one! I am pleased to have succeeded and I feel like the paintings have been improving each time.

My favorite part of this painting is the interaction between the swans. Relationships keep life interesting, happy and sometimes frustrating.

I feel that way with painting. I used the same palette choices as "Island of Calm", but this painting still has it's own unique look. Part of the fear and fun of painting is not knowing exactly what the result of your choices will be. It does take determination to keep moving forward when a painting appears to be a failure. I don't like that part, but like any relationship, I try to trust that it is just part of the growing process.

1 comment:

dawn chandler - new mexico artist said...

I'm so impressed by the improvement in these from the 1st to the 7th. On this last one, I think my favorite part is that little flash of paint in the lower right suggesting that swan's underwater foot.

I'm further impressed by how you've captured the movement and *wetness* of the water — hard to pull off. Yet with each painting you've captured it better and better.

And you're doing a fine job of teasing out the different shades of WHITE. Who would have known that white feathers can have so much color?

Nicely done.
Nicely done, indeed.