Bird & Sunrise photo

Bird & Sunrise photo
Because "someday" is today!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Beauty of Repetition

7"x 5" oil on "Gessobord" copyright 2012, Tina M. Welter
"Promenade" 7"x 5" oil on "Gessobord" c. 2012
For the sixth painting in my swan series, I decided to return to the English Garden and paint the same pair of swans that influenced "Swan Brocade". I wanted to try refining my palette to see if I could get some better colors.

Less is More.
Less is More.
My four colors were: orange, light yellow, ultramarine blue and yellow green, plus black and white as needed. The result is that I finally got the deep greens, gold reflections and shade of grey in the water I wanted.

I had an "Aha" moment today about life and repetition. Anything we want to really learn from losing weight to keeping a house clean involves consistent repetition. It's a good principle for getting success!

No comments: