Bird & Sunrise photo

Bird & Sunrise photo
Because "someday" is today!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Re-Do

Back in November I finished a painting called "Swan Brocade". If you remember my entry back then, I wasn't very happy with the finished painting. After looking at it for a whole month, I decided to paint it closer to reality and forget the fanciful swirls and abstract roses.

My original intent was to have a pattern like a brocade that was intricate and included the swans and roses, to represent the English Garden in Munich.

I liked the second painting results better, but I was unsure of keeping the same title for the painting. I looked up "brocade" in the dictionary, and the description said: "n. a rich fabric woven with a raised pattern, typically with gold or silver thread," I was so thrilled since the painting has gold and silver reflections in the water. I could keep the name! Hurrah for do-overs and happy accidents.

1 comment:

Polka Dots and Posies said...

I LOVE the texture that the heavy paint gives this!!